Monday, April 30, 2012

Erin's Review of Still Missing, by Chevy Stevens


My rating:
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)

On the day she was abducted, Annie O’Sullivan, a 32-year-old realtor, had three goals—sell a house, forget about a recent argument with her mother, and be on time for dinner with her ever-patient boyfriend. The open house is slow, but when her last visitor pulls up in a van as she's about to leave, Annie thinks it just might be her lucky day after all.  
Interwoven with the story of the year Annie spent as the captive of a psychopath in a remote mountain cabin, which unfolds through sessions with her psychiatrist, is a second narrative recounting events following her escape—her struggle to piece her shattered life back together and the ongoing police investigation into the identity of her captor
I cried, I laughed, I felt sick, I felt anger. This novel has without a doubt won 5+ stars in my books!!! The best book I have read in a while.

The way the author told the story was compelling. If work didn’t get in the way, I would have read this book all day long. I wouldn’t have even gotten up to go to the bathroom. That’s just how good this novel was.

So many twists and turns. The author had me sitting on the edge of my seat the entire book! The character development is strong, you feel the pain, fear and anger the characters experience. The feelings were so strong, and so real…it was as if I was going through it myself. I didn’t know I could feel so much hatred towards a person that doesn’t even exist. It literally made my stomach turn in disgust.

I can honestly say there is nothing in this book that I didn’t like, there is nothing for me to criticize.

Anybody who enjoys a good book by Jodi Picoult would love this book!! I recommend this one to everybody!!! A MUST READ!

2 comments:

  1. Just read the top three reviews and each one made me want to follow up on the book you wrote about. Not sure if it just happens to be the picks or your writing style, but I enjoy both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much, Darcy! Your kind words mean a lot! We absolutely love what we are doing and have a very busy month coming up! Make sure you continue to check us out!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...