Sunday, June 10, 2012

Lily's Review of Shades of Grey, by Michael Cargill

My Rating:
didn't like it it was ok liked it (my current rating) really liked it it was amazing   


John is not a very nice man. He works for the government. So who has tied him to a chair and what do they want? James is a British soldier during WWII. Tom is a young boy with a terrible secret

Three stories. Three very different people. All of them battling to survive.








Sometime ago, the lovely Erin who co-writes this blog, read and reviewed this book of short stories here and had the pleasure of doing an author spotlight with Michael on May 3, 2012.

So, when the author requested a few more reviews through the amazing group "Shut up & Read" on Goodreads.com, I  jumped at the opportunity to read it as well. 

Truthfully, the last story, 'Down the Rabbit Hole', is what really interested me the most about the collection, and due to my personal tastes, what 'made' this book for me. 

'Down the Rabbit Hole' is about a boy who lives in fear of his father who is abusive. Suddenly one day, his favorite pet bunny begins talking in his head and telling him to do things that end up having a domino effect of disaster. Where one hand, I enjoyed him fighting back for himself against the bullies, certain scenes were a little evil (k lots) and I was pretty glad of the way it ended. 

Michael Cargill is a pretty witty, funny guy as we had a chance to see during the interview process with him, and I most certainly concur that he is also a very talented author.

So Michael....

 



Purchase Links:  


Smashwords
Amazon Kindle Store 
Kobo Store 



 

2 comments:

  1. My name is all up in lights again! Thank you Lily, glad you enjoyed it. And thank you for the compliments as well.

    Um, that picture at the bottom, it isn't loading for me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally how I feel about Michael as well now. I am in that goodreads group and reviewed myself. After I read it I said to myself watch this author like a hawk.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...