Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dual Review of Lover Revealed, by J.R. Ward




Butch O'Neal is a fighter by nature. A hard-living ex-homicide cop, he's the only human ever to be allowed in the inner circle of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. And he wants to go even deeper into the vampire world-to engage in the turf war with the lessers. His heart belongs to a female vampire, Marissa, an aristocratic beauty who's way out of his league. And if he can't have her, then at least he can fight side by side with the Brothers.

But fate curses him with the very thing he wants. When Butch sacrifices himself to save a civilian vampire from the slayers, he falls prey to the darkest force in the war. Left for dead, he's found by a miracle, and the Brotherhood calls on Marissa to bring him back, though even her love may not be enough to save him.




Erin's Rating: 5 Stars
Lily's Rating: 3.5 Stars

Lily - Looks like you and I have different ratings for this one. You loved it huh? :)  I did too, but it did not blow me away like the previous 3 novels, especially after reading Zsadist’s story.

Erin - Yeah, it’s going to be hard for me to give any of the books in this series a lower star rating.  I just can’t get enough!  When a book completely pulls me in and takes me out of this world and into another one that to me is an amazing novel!   

And I don’t know about you….I wasn’t really into him from the beginning….but Butch got a whole lot sexier in this one! 

Lily - I enjoyed Butch’s character from the beginning, but had no idea how far he would come, or how involved with the Brotherhood he would be. He is sarcastic, totally rough and rugged around the edges. Just a miserable guy who has seen too much, endured too much, held too much guilt and weight on his shoulders. A grizzled cop who has seen too much crap life, and death. What’s not to love really… He grew on me from the get go.  

I think that my lower rating on this one had to do with what I felt was a lack of intensity between him and Marissa that I felt with the other Brothers and their mates so far. But then that is probably due to the fact that their story began two books ago. And man, was that intense and built up!!! I didn’t feel that build up in this installment, maybe because it had already happened. But I would have  loved more intensity regardless, during this reconnection.

What I DID love about this book was the emphasis on the Lesser Society and the Omega. Butch’s run in with the Lessers and the resulting incredible results, for which we do not yet have full detailed answers, is still what excited me about this novel. The action was intense! My heart was racing through many of these lesser encounters and fights. But then, I was never one to skip through this plot line in any of these books. The villains in this story play a huge part in this series. There is more to this series than love and passion, and I like that!

Erin - Oh, I don’t really agree on your feelings about Butch and Marissa.  I think the story between them was more intense than the other brothers and their mates were. The passion that Butch clearly had for Marissa tore at my heart.  I felt so bad for him not feeling like he was able to be enough for her, not feeling like he was worthy of her.  I think for me being a very emotional person, when I feel connected to one of the characters I actually feel the pain they are in…and that’s what made Butch and Marissa’s connection feel so intense for me.  I mean, I cried about 10 times reading this book!!! (I know, I know pathetic….but not surprising!) 

 
I also loved the part the Lesser Society and Omega played in this book!!  The drama and excitement has really built up, and alongside the romance aspect really has me grasping for more!

One thing I just have to mention is how much this series has completely wrapped me into it.  I have never read a series that I feel so much a part of.  From the romance (which is completely HOT) to the drama and action….right through to the deeper understanding of the Old Language (it makes me melt when one of the brothers calls someone nalla).  I just cannot get across how much I love it! 

Lily -  Well we agree on something then! LOL  

This is by far one of the best paranormal romance series I have ever gotten my hot little hands on. I love everything about them.

We can agree to disagree on the relationship aspect of this book. By no means do I think that their coming together wasn’t hot. But compared to the other brothers… I don’t know. It was a little anti-climatic for me. That being said, I am also pretty stingy with my stars. Only Zsadist has earned all 5 of them so far. But we will see how the rest of the series will shape up. I can’t bear to think of putting this series down. I wish our July month had been all about just this series, though I am glad that I reviewed other novels. A couple were winners. But once we decided to pick up Book 4 of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, I thought… man we need a Black Dagger Brotherhood MONTH!!!

Hmmmmm…. Now THERE’s an idea!!!!

Erin - I like your thinking…..


…I also REAAAAALLLLYYY like this picture!!!

Thank you J.R. Ward….you are amazing!!


Lily - Shit Erin… How am I supposed to concentrate on continuing this review now!!!! 


Yum, Yum, YUM, Yum, Yum, YUM, YUMMMMMMMM, Yum... OR...





............  K, I'm done!



We highly recommend getting into the Black Dagger Brotherhood series...it's truely unforgettable!


Purchase Links for Lover Revealed:



About the Author:

J.R. WardJ.R. Ward is a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author of erotic paranormal romance. She lives in the south with her incredibly supportive husband and her beloved golden retriever. After graduating from law school, she began working in healthcare in Boston and spent many years as Chief of Staff of one of the premier academic medical centers in the nation. Writing has always been her passion and her idea of heaven is a whole day of nothing but her computer, her dog and her coffee pot.



“Thanks for putting me up for it ... trahyner." As V's eyes flared, Butch said, "Yeah, I looked up what the word meant. 'Beloved Friend' fits you perfect as far as I'm concerned."

V Flushed. Cleared his throat. "Good Deal, cop. Good... deal.” - J.R. Ward

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is sary and I have nominated your blog for the Versatile Blog Award. In my blog, in the weekly events section you will find about the requirements :D

    sarrod22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...