Friday, July 13, 2012

Lily's Review of Connected (Twists of Fate #1), Jolyn Palliata


Connected (Twists of Fate, #1)

A rock group’s rhythm guitarist, Rhys Alexander, dies and finds himself bound inside the body of a woman he’s never met. Can she help him move on to the other side, or will he end up finding the love of his life…after his has already ended?

Publisher: Createspace (Oct 15 2011)

Lily's Rating:   didn't like it it was ok liked it (my current rating) really liked it it was amazing  

This is going to be a toughie to review without giving away major plot lines and spoilers, but I shall do my best!

This romance short novel had one of the most original plots that I have yet to read in the romance genre. And in fact, I was pessimistic on how this writer was going to make this work. After all, how effective or physical can this developing romance really be, when the guy you are falling for is basically IN your head?

But.... man, did this author pull it off! One specific scene needed a re-read = very hot on the Sexilicious meter! (wink)

This novella did not blow me out of the water, even though I am still pretty wowed by the originality of how these two main characters meet. It needed more length to fully develop the plot and character back stories. The story felt a little bit rushed at parts. Yet it was very imaginative, heart warming, and quirky and comedic at times.

But how are these two going to have a happy ending? It is even possible???

You're gonna have to read it to find out! It is definitely worth a look.


Purchase Links:

About the Author:

Jolyn Palliata writes romance for adults and young adults alike, and has dabbled in just about every genre there is (paranormal being her favorite). She lives in the Midwest with her highly patient husband and insanely energetic son. For more information, or to contact Jolyn directly, please visit her website at http://www.JolynPalliata.com or email her at Info.JolynPalliata@gmail.com. She loves the interaction with her readers!
 

 


3 comments:

  1. I had to look at the cover closely as I thought I saw a naked man... I think I still do. I was only surprised by it because I thought it was a YA novel... but it's very tame for a adult romance novel... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! You had me staring at the cover for 5 minutes trying to find this naked man you see. Alas! I see one wearing a t shirt and what looks like jeans.. :(

      Lily

      Delete
  2. jual obat gastrul asli untuk obat telat bulan.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...