Monday, July 9, 2012

Lily's Review of Incubus Hunter, by Kenya Wright


Whispers swirl throughout the underworld of Carmen, the fanged elf with the violet eyes. They say she hunts incubus demons, not for money, but to clear a debt with a powerful wizard.

But time is winding down. Carmen has five days to clear the balance or she loses her daughter. Desperation forces her to go after Blaze. He’s worth two million dollars dead or alive.

The hunt begins. She spots him and sets a seductive trap. It’s just business as usual—until she ends up capturing so much more.

 

This is a novella with adult content and sexual situations.

Published February 13th 2012 by Dragonfairy Press

 Lily's Rating: didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing    

Disclaimer: Kenya was one of my first Goodreads friends. But I assure you that has no bearing on the honesty of my review of her book, which I bought sometime ago and now reviewing for Sexilicious July. 

In fact, based on one of Kenya's very humorous Goodread's posts, her husband would definitely benefit if I gave her a bad review. To understand what I am talking about check out said post HERE.

Unfortunately for Kenya's husband, I have nothing but good things to say about 'Incubus Hunter'. I was slightly apprehensive because I opened this novel fearing that I would not like it, though I know that if I had negative criticism, Kenya could handle it. So Kenya, please apologize to your husband for me... unfortunately I can not be party to a grin on his face.  That being said, mine thanks you for your assistance in putting a couple of grins on his! Because your novel was definitely SEXILICIOUS!



A fellow book lover and friend said to me, "Elf erotica? Really, Lily?" with a mild look of disappointment and slight head shake at me. Ya I know what it looks like! But I was not ashamed! In fact I challenged him to bring it up in conversation and I would happily fill him in on how much I was enjoying it!  But truth be told, for a reader that mostly focuses on her preferred paranormal, horror & epic fantasy reads, Sexilicious July has definitely made me more adventurous.

Though I love a good well written hot scene, what is most important to me in a romance novel is that there is an equally good story to be had within its pages. And this is a great story. Carmen is on a quest to save her daughter, and will do anything she needs to do to get her. Blaze being one of the hardest of marks to get doesn't stop her. But the attraction between them really botches up her plans. But love is two-fold. And what a man in love will do for his woman knows no bounds. 

I have to say that the last scene in the book took me aback  a little (Kenya you are a dirty dirty dirty girl!) but heck, I give in, if fit with the storyline (and ok it was HOT! I admit it!!). Our incubus sexy man needed his strength after all didn't he?  Well this love triangle should be interesting, as I assume the second installment is in the works, and I am most curious about how it will all pan out. But I am Team Blaze all the way!

I am seriously anticipating the second part of this series because the ending was quite abrupt. Cliff hangers irk me, and that is probably my one serious complaint. And based on that I searched Amazon and Goodreads for something to tell me when that second book would be happening, but it looks like it is still in works.

So pour some wine into that glass, Kenya, and get to it!!!

Purchase Links: 

Amazon - Kindle ebook 


About the Author:
 (pic and bio from Goodreads)

Kenya Wright

 Kenya Wright always knew she would be famous since the ripe old age of six when she sang the Michael Jackson thriller song in her bathroom mirror. She has tried her hand at many things from enlisting in the Navy for six years as a Persian-Farsi linguist to being a nude model at an art university.  

However, writing has been the only constant love in her life.

So here we are Kenya is publishing her first book, Fire Baptized, the urban fantasy novel she always wanted to read. This novel is the first book in a series.


 Will she succeed? Of course. 

 For she has been coined The Urban Fantasy Queen, the Super Iconic Writer of this Age, The Lyrical Genius of Our Generation. Granted, these are all terms coined by her, within the private walls of her bathroom as she still sings the Michael Jackson thriller song.

 Kenya Wright currently resides in Miami with her three amazing, overactive children, a supportive, gorgeous husband, and three cool black cats that refuse to stop sleeping on Kenya’s head at night.

Connect with Kenya Wright on Goodreads or her Website.

 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can find out more here: http://nettesbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. More info here: http://bythecoverbookclub.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award.html

    Sorry, I didn't look close enough to see that Antonietta had nominated you too..lets you know you have an awesome looking blog though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I've nominated you for the Versatile Blog Award! You can check out my page for the nomination
    RB :)
    http://reflectivebookworm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...