Monday, July 23, 2012

Lily's Review of Pleasures of a Tempted Lady, by Jennifer Haymore



Pleasures of a Tempted Lady (Donovan Sisters, #3)Captain William Langley knows the ocean well, but nothing could prepare him for what he discovers adrift on the cold Irish Sea. The tiny boat carries two passengers: a child—and Meg Donovan, Will's long-lost love. Meg's disappearance at sea eight years ago was a devastating blow. Now she's back, as beautiful as ever, and with secrets as deep as Will's own.

After years held captive by a cold-blooded pirate, Meg has finally escaped with little Jake, the boy she's come to love as if he were her own. But the pirate wants his revenge—and Meg must do whatever it takes to shield Jake from the madman. Determined not to lose Meg again, Will vows to protect them both, yet Meg can't risk putting the only man she's ever loved in danger. With the threat to her safety growing, and her passion for Will burning brighter every day, surrendering herself to Will might be a pleasure too tempting to resist.
Title: Pleasures of a Tempted Lady
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Imprint: Forever
Pub Date: July 31, 2012



 
Lily's Rating: didn't like it it was ok liked it 1/2 out of 5 

Review:

(Sigh)

Historical romances are just made to flutter lady hearts, and mine was no exception with this book.

It has honestly been awhile since I have picked one of these up, but I do recall being a fan of Johanna Lindsey and her historical romances even back in high school years.  In fact, one of my all time favorites, and one of the books I re-read the most until I had to replace my copy (pages were falling out, it was so abused) was her novel "Once a Princess", which inspired many romantic notions and fantasies through my high school years of that ever elusive knight in shining armor. 

I didn't initially realize when I requested this ARC, that is was a novel within a series. But I am happy to report that this novel did well as a standalone. I didn't feel like I missed any history that took away any part of enjoyment from this story between Meg and  Will. 

I was transported into a world of pirates, captains, ballooning dresses full of petticoats. A world that contains gallant, honorable passionate men fighting for your heart, seducing with loving looks, touches and words that made me want to swoon right off my couch to the rug.... and maybe melt right through my hardwood floors, floating and sighing right into my neighbor's apartment, as he stares confused at me in the middle of playing Halo on the PlayStation.

AND of course, evil villains that deserve the full punishment as extended by the law,  but you root for your hero to get to them first and avenge his sweetheart!!!  (Swoon)

I ended this novel feeling sad, as it was over. But anxious to pick up another historical romance some time soon. 

I ended it feeling romantic and thankful to have my own modern knight in shining armor.  He also enjoyed that I read this novel. (wink wink)











This novel was kindly provided by the publisher/author via



About the Author:


Jennifer HaymoreJennifer Haymore grew up in California and on the Big Island of Hawaii. She was an avid reader and completely destroyed her eyesight by sneaking a flashlight under her covers and reading far into the nights — making her mother wonder why on earth she couldn’t get up for school in the mornings…

Jennifer holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from UC Berkeley and a master’s degree in Education from UCLA. Before she became a full-time writer she held various jobs from bookselling to teaching inner-city children to playing bit roles in soap operas.
You can find Jennifer in Southern California trying to talk her husband into yet another trip to England, helping her three children with homework while brainstorming a new five-minute dinner menu, or crouched in a corner of the local bookstore writing her next novel. 

You can visit her on her website or connect with her on Goodreads.






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...