Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Lily's 'To-Read & Review' List gets a Teeny Bit Smaller this upcoming August!




Hello all you wonderful readers!

Erin is feeling mellow yellow and the August blog theme is 'Summer Reads'.  BUT, I have to put a serious dent on my pending review list.

Since we started this blog in April, it has been an exciting whirlwind of compulsively grabbing any book that struck my fancy, because unfortunately... I have a problem. I am a serious Book Addict. 

Though I have been getting a little better, and starting to limit what I want to take on, especially with another bout of classes coming up in September, along with the full time job, etc... I did have a couple of weeks where I was actually ahead of the blog posting game, and went on a total reading blitz... BUT, got to get those reviews up.

Now that we have (sadly) wrapped up Sexilicious July (may you come again soon...no pun intended), it is time to do a little catch up. 

Here is a preview of some of titles that will be going up this August. If the blurbs strike your fancy, don't miss the date! Or better yet, sign up for email notifications so that you don't miss any!!


Crimson Midnight, by Amos Cassidy
Posting: August 2, 2012

Rose wants excitement, bright lights and late nights, but she gets more than she bargained for when she swaps her wholesome country life for the hustle and bustle of London.
The city night is home to hungry shadows, eager to consume her.
Rose discovers there is more to this world than what the mundane eye sees, and that she herself is a part of it. Unexpected friendships are forged and unwanted, sometimes dangerous, attractions flare.

London becomes a playground for magic, danger and supernatural threat. While her life, and those of who she loves, hangs in the balance, she must endeavour to embrace her new nature and assist in identifying the hidden threat before it succeeds in its dark purpose. 
(for full blurb click here)





The Bridge of Deaths, by M.C. V. Egan
Posting: August 7, 2012

On August 15th 1939, at the brink of World War II, an English plane crashed and sunk in Danish waters. Five deaths were reported: two Standard Oil of New Jersey employees, a German Corporate Lawyer, an English member of Parliament, and a crew member for the airline. Here is a conceivable version of the events.




The Water Thief, by Nicholas Lamar Soutter
Posting: August 9, 2012

CHARLES THATCHER is a private citizen, which is to say that he’s the private property of the Ackerman Brothers Securities Corporation. He’s got problems: the cost of air is going up, his wife wants to sell herself to another corporation, and his colleagues are always trying to get him tossed into the lye vats.  But when he discovers a woman stealing rainwater, he sees his chance to move up in the world, maybe even become an executive. He reports her, painting a picture, not just of a thief, but of a seditionist and revolutionary, someone who believes in that long-dead institution called “government.”

 


Girl in the Glass, by Zoe Brooks
Posting: August 14, 2012

“I will have to say it: 'I am Anya and I am nothing'. I will look down at the floor as I say it, so that I don't see the smile on my aunt's face, so she won't see the defiance in my eyes. She will get her victory. She always wins these battles. I know it, she knows it. But one day, one day she will not.”

In this Cinderella story for adults there is no fairy godmother and no handsome prince, just a girl of spirit and her strange companion. (For full blurb click here)



But of course I will be joining Erin in the Summer Reads theme... though I am not quite sure what exactly falls under the 'Summer Reads' category. I gave it my best guess. Since I have a library of mammoth proportions, I chose the following to get through and hope it falls into the 'Summer Reads' category!





Anumal Empire: Lazarball

Hunted



And I make no promises that I won't sneak another one or two others in there... after all, I am a horrid Book-A-Holic....


Happy Reading!!!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...