Saturday, September 1, 2012

Erin's Review of Deck of Lies: Book 2 - The Tower, by Jade Varden


                                                                         My Rating:didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

Death brings some families closer, but it’s ripped mine apart. I wanted to convince the police that they had the wrong suspect...but I never expected them to start suspecting me. Now, I have no choice but to keep searching for the truth, even if all my relationships fall to pieces around me.

Someone is trying to make me look guilty. I never thought my mission to prove my own innocence would lead me to more family secrets. I thought I had already discovered the truth about myself. But every answer raises more questions, and everything I think I know is about to change...again.

I have to find the truth, no matter how much it hurts -- before I get charged with murder.







After reading, reviewing, and loving the first book in the Deck of Lies Series (Justice, which was reviewed previously on Bookluvrs Haven - Here ), author Jade Varden approached me and asked if I was interested in reading the second - to which I replied ABSOLUTELY!


Jade Varden does it again!  There's just something about her writing style that makes you want to read more and more and more.  There were a lot of twists and turns in the second book, twists that I would never have been able to guess.  And the ending....well it left me wanting more.

Normally in a series, book one is good, and book two makes me want to jump off a cliff because the story is either too repetitive, or the characters get too whinny and annoying....this DID NOT happen in the second book to Varden's series.  I was jsut as invested in this one as I was in the first one.

The development of the characters was even stronger in this one, you find out more about Rain's true identity.  Some of the story left me with my jaw hanging open...I wont go into details because you definitely have to read this one.

What I really enjoy about Varden's Deck of Lies series is that she keeps you completely wrapped up in the story and the characters, there is never a moment where I find myself skimming, or wanting to fall asleep. (And with a baby on the way I have been feeling quite sleepy lately)  The best part is..........THERE'S STILL ANOTHER ONE TO READ!!!!!


I highly recommend reading this series..I know I will be reading the next one!!

Deck of Lies - Justice - Purchase Here
Deck of Lies - The Tower - Purchase Here
Deck of Lies - Death - Purchase Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...