Monday, September 24, 2012

Snapshots, by Patricia Lynne -- A Supagurl Tour Stop





My name is Cyclop Blaine and I am a real person.
“You are mine.”
I am a real person: heedless of a childhood spent under the supervision of an old man I only know as Master.
“You belong to me.”
I am a real person: regardless of my teenage years bound by violence as the adoptive son of the Victory Street Gang's leader.
“You will obey me.”
I am a real person: despite the visions I see in others' eyes. Snapshots of their futures.
“You will cower before me.”
I am a real person: my life will be my own. I belong to no one.
“You. Are. MINE.”


My Rating:  didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

What a great book!!  This was a pretty fast read. I was kept entertained and interested throughout the entire short novel.  I was unlike anything I have ever read before.  Not something I would normally pick up on my own, but when an e-mail came through from Supa Gurl Tours, I thought to myself....why not?  I am very glad I did read this book.

First of all let me mention the cover...very appealing.  I love the bright colour, and that guy on the cover is pretty darn cute!  Though I have to admit not what I pictured the main character to look like.

The story concept is very original, entertaining and fun.  The main characters gift was awesome!!! At first I felt really bad for him being used by the gang...little did I know his life would get a whole lot worse!!

I felt it toyed with my emotions quite a bit throughout and of course I really liked that their was some romance in it.  I would consider it a YA novel, there was some sex mentioned, but it never came down to actually happening.  I did really enjoy that the main character was bi-sexual, made the story very different than any other YA novel out there today.

If you would like a fast, entertaining read I definitely recommend this one to you!!!

About the Author

 
Patricia Lynne never set out to become a writer, and in fact, never gave it any thought during high school and college.  But now she can’t stop writing.  Patricia lives with her husband in Michigan, hopes one day to have what will resemble a small petting zoo and has a fondness for dying her hair the colours of the rainbow.










 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...