Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Review of Jared, by Teresa Gabelman


The VC Warriors are an elite group of vampire who protect innocents, whether human or those of their own race. Jared Kincaid, along with other Warriors, are shocked when a fiery red head with a gun and attitude, bring news of young teens being turned into an army of half-breed vampires capable of taking out all VC Warriors.

Breaking into the famed VC Warriors compound was definitely not the smartest thing Tessa Pride has ever done, but she will do anything for her brother, Adam. The Warriors held the one person she knew was responsible for her brother being turned into a half-breed and nothing will stop her from getting what she needs to help her brother, not even a Warrior whose eyes could make her melt with one look.

Jared and Tessa join forces in a desperate scramble to find who is responsible. With a war between Warriors and half-breeds brewing, suspicions of traitors in their midst put the lives of everyone involved on the line.


We have had the pleasure of working with author Teresa Gabelman quite a few times already. We love her!  She is such an awesome person, and boy does she ever know how to write!  We interviewed Teresa last year after we read the first book in the protector series, you can see Teresa's spotlight  here

This book is part of the protector series.  We absolutely loved the first book in the series - Damon.  You can  read our reviews by clicking on the links below:


                                                                     Lily's Review

Now for the moment you've all been waiting for.........


When I opened our email and realized that Teresa sent us the second book of her Protectors series I was so excited I did a little happy dance....




I have been waiting for this moment for months and months....patiently waiting, hoping and growing more and more excited.

As many of you are aware I am a sucker for romance.  Especially vampire romance.  Something that society views as scary and evil can't have emotions right? Oh you couldn't be more wrong!  We know from the first book that Damon is romantic...and Jared does not disappoint!  There is just something about a super strong, over protective hunk of man flesh that melts a girls heart.


I think if I was being watched by someone while I was reading this book I would have looked something like the girls to the right....

I can never seem to get enough of the bad ass vampire turned romantic. 


A series that I would compare Teresa's series to is The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series.  And everyone who knows me knows how I feel about those sexy vamps!  Although the protector series has a very different storyline. The badassidry (yes I just used a word that doesn't actually exist) of the warriors reminds me a lot of the brotherhood...and the romance is very similar too.  

Let me say that I really appreciated the lack of bellybutton play in this book...Teresa is THE ONLY author that I have criticized about something and she actually did something about it!  I also thoroughly enjoy the word 'asshat' .(That is one that I use quite often when referring to my husband...Hahaha!)  

I really liked that the story picked up where it left off and the characters still had the same personalities.  The world building was strong, the character development was very strong...once again I felt as if I was Tessa's best friend...and I guess not a very good best friend, because Jared was looking pretty damn good to me!!

I loved the little twist the story had with Pam, and at the end and how Teresa left the ending open for the story to flow nicely into Duncan and Pam's book.  I cannot wait for the next....hopefully Teresa works quickly on this one!

To sum it up....YOU MUST READ THIS SERIES!!!!!

GET IT!

NOW!

SERIOUSLY!

........don`t wait!  Click on the links below.

Purchase from Amazon.ca
Purchase from Amazon.com
Purchase from Barnes & Noble



All about Teresa!
Teresa lives in Bethel, Ohio with her husband, son, two dogs and her son's snake, Steve Irwin. She is a third degree black belt in Taekwondo, is a huge Mixed Martial Arts fan and follows her husbands MMA fight team, G-Force, which her son fights for. When not writing she is either screaming like a crazy woman at MMA fights or reading in some quiet corner with her Kindle. She loves books that are fast reads filled with romance, humor, sexy alpha men and the women who drive them crazy.

Damon is her first book in the Protectors Series with Jared being the second. She is currently working on the third book in the Protectors Series.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your reviews. They crack me up. I was so happy to see a funny dancing picture along with my review. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review Jared. And yes, I do listen to you. No belly button play. Learned my lesson. HAHA! Thanks again!!!

    Hugs!!!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Teresa! I love reviewing your books! They are so much fun! :)

    Cant wait for Pam and Duncan's book! :)

    Hugs,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...