Sunday, March 31, 2013

Grimm Diaries Sunday - Review of Ladle Rat Rotten Hut, by Cameron Jace

Last year I jumped on The Grimm Diaries bandwagon. Meaning, the author had a slew of promotional dates where he was offering the novellas for free on Amazon. The covers are stunning, and I am a sucker for fairytale retellings. Unfortunately it has taken me until the beginning of this year to start reading them, so over the course of the next few weeks, I will be featuring the reviews for this mini series on Sundays until I am all caught up!

Today I am reviewing the fourth installment of this series. Check out last week's review of  Beauty Never Dies.



Title: Ladle Rat Rotten Hut
Series: The Grimm Diaries #4
Author: Cameron Jace
Publisher: Author
Release Date: July 21, 2012
Source: Author
Purchase: Amazon

Add to Goodreads
Book Description: What if all you knew about fairy tales was wrong?

Little Red Riding Hood's untold and true story. Why she was wearing a Red hood. Who her Grandma really was. What the wolf actually wanted. Where she fits in the Dreamworld. And what Ladle Rat Rotten Hut means.




Now this is more like it!


Source


This is what I was expecting from this series. An original, well written fairytale twist... no... TWO fairytales that we all know so well.  Little Red Riding Hood and Hanzel & Gretel... Those two stories will never feel the same after you read this. 

Every twist and turn of this story was woven well together. It flowed and connected, and it FIT!


Thank you for the much better editing job on this one. The sigh of relief was long and heartfelt. I could finally just enjoy the story without having to re-read sentences and try to decipher misspelled, or misused words! It wasn't perfect by any means, but the discrepancies that I did notice did not deter me from continuing, and not a single eye roll or frustrated huff out of me this time.

And where this author get his covers??!!! Though I may not have been a fan of every installment so far, I can't seem to stop talking about these covers! 

Out of all the prequels so far, this is without a doubt, my favorite. It has been the most interesting, and better executed of all of them, and finally my interest is peaked. It won't feel like a chore to pick up the next one.







About the Author: Wonderlander, Neverlander, Unicorn-chaser, enchanter, musician, survived a coma, & totally awesome. Sometimes I tell stories. Always luv the little monsters      I write young adult paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and science fiction mostly. The Grimm Diaries series is a seven book saga that deals with retellings of fairy tales from a young adult POV - it connects most of the fairy tales together and claims to be the truth about fairy tales.      I live in San Fransisco and seriously think circles are way cooler than triangles.
Website | Facebook | Twitter| Goodreads |

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...