Monday, July 1, 2013

July Random Read - Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles 2), by Marissa Meyer





Random Reads is hosted by I'm Loving Books, and for a reader that has a list that is way too long, this meme is perfect. It helps me to pick out a novel in the list that may be sitting there forgotten for a long while.

This meme is pretty simple. The idea is to pick one random book (or more if you are ambitious) out of your Goodreads To-Read list (using Random.org) to read within the month. 

My June Random Read was Glimmerglass, by Jenna Black. There won't be a review, as I ended up DNF'ng the book at 25%. I could not get into it, and was actually quite bored. A pity, since I was really excited based on the good reviews of this book. But I have learned that reading about the Fae is a hit and miss for me. 

Imagine my excitement when I got the random number for July, and the below book came up!!! (Happy Dance!) 

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Couldn't be happier with how this worked out, since I loved the first one in the series, Cinder.

Joining in? Leave the link to your random reads post in the comments section and I will be sure to drop in to see your pick of the month!



6 comments:

  1. Oh, can't wait to read your review of Scarlet. I loved Cinder too but haven't gotten around to reading the sequel yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read the first one in this series but need to! I hope you enjoy your RR pick this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lucky pick! I really need to read Cinder soon, looking forward to seeing how much you love this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read Cinder - which is horrible. I had been tracking it before it came out and I can't believe I still haven't read it. Hope you enjoyed Scarlet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janie! I had the pleasure of reading Cinder fairly quickly when it came out and loved it. I just started Scarlet, and I think I am going to enjoy it just as much!

      Lily

      Delete
    2. @ Bookish - I know! Was so happy when that came up. If you like retellings, you will enjoy Cinder. It was one of the most original takes on Cinderella that I have ever read!

      @Lizzy - I am really looking forward to finishing Scarlet. Just started it and enjoying it already.

      @Sarah - Get to it! It was such a cool story!

      Lily

      Lily

      Delete

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...