Sunday, September 1, 2013

Random Reads - September Pick!






Random Reads is hosted by I'm Loving Books, and for a reader that has a list that is way too long, this meme is perfect. It helps me to pick out a novel in the list that may be sitting there forgotten for a long while.

This meme is pretty simple. The idea is to pick one random book (or more if you are ambitious) out of your Goodreads To-Read list (using Random.org) to read within the month.
 
My August Random Read was The Memory Keeper's Daughter, by Kim Edwards, which, once again, I barely finished in time for an end of the month review, which you can read here.  It took me a little longer than usual to get through it, because it was a slower paced, deeper novel, which I anticipated, but enjoyable nonetheless. 

So what's in store for September?



5152478 



Book Blurb:
“Dead girl walking,” the boys say in the halls.
“Tell us your secret,” the girls whisper, one toilet to another.
I am that girl.
I am the space between my thighs, daylight shining through.
I am the bones they want, wired on a porcelain frame.


Lia and Cassie are best friends, wintergirls frozen in matchstick bodies, competitors in a deadly contest to see who can be the skinniest. But what comes after size zero and size double-zero? When Cassie succumbs to the demons within, Lia feels she is being haunted by her friend’s restless spirit.

In her most emotionally wrenching, lyrically written book since the multiple-award-winning Speak, Laurie Halse Anderson explores Lia’s descent into the powerful vortex of anorexia, and her painful path toward recovery.

Looks like I have another deep, intense read ahead of me! And I am looking forward to the story this book holds. Not to mention, one more off the TBR list. 

If you are participating in the meme, definitely leave your link and September Pick in the comments. 

Happy reading everyone!

 

9 comments:

  1. I barely made mine this month too! lol Sometimes the month just flies by, especially in the summer.

    I've had this one on my TBR list for awhile too, it sounds really cool though. I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely another intense read! I'm eager to see what you think of it!!

    You can find my Sept. Random Read here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about this one - it's on my TBR as well...one that I'll get to (eventually)!

    My September Random Read

    Bree @ Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very intense read there! She is a great writer though. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you to all you guys for stopping in and leaving your links to your Random Reads. Looks like you all got some interesting picks for the month and look forward to reading what you think of them all.

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard really good things about this book. She's an amazing author :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that Janie! Now I am even more excited to dive into this one.

      Thanks for stopping in!

      Lily

      Delete
  7. Ooo sounds like a good one! Can't wait to see your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, this book was amazing! Review will be up next week on September 24th.

      Lily

      Delete

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...