Saturday, January 25, 2014

Fifty Shades Darker, by E.L. James

Title: Fifty Shades Darker
Publisher: The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House
Published on:  September 15, 2011
Genre: Erotic Romance
Daunted by the singular tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront the anger and envy of the women who came before her, and make the most important decision of her life.




You can read my review of  Fifty Shades of Grey by clicking on the link. 
 
The second book in this series.....

 Despite what a lot of people have said about this book...I loved it!  This book is actually my favourite from the Fifty Shades Series. 

Yes, I agree with the people who say Ana is very whiny in this book.  She was my favourite character in the first book, but she quickly became my least favourite.  I still hate the inner goddess dialogue.  

The other characters were all well developed.  I loved that each of them had their own story/issues that connected to the main story line.  

In my review of the first book I say how much I hate Christian Grey.  NOT ANYMORE! I may be a strange person, but I really like the fact that Christian is so (pardon my language) fucked up!  The author really paints the sad, disturbing picture that is Christian`s life so well.  Though I have absolutely no idea what it feels like to go through what he did in his life, I still feel for him.  The emotions felt in this book were so real!  I loved that he in his own little twisted way came up on top despite all of the hardships he endured in his life. 

So to you, Christian Grey...

I love that Ana and Christian start to bring out the best in each other.   They argue a lot, sure...but a lot of the time it was a teasing argue.   He helps her discover herself, and she slowly drags him from the dark into the light.  Despite what a lot of other people say I think they belong together!  

I loved reading their emails to each other.  The cute little signature changes.  The stolen `Laters Baby`.  The twitching palm references.  I loved it all.  

 I liked that the sexual part of this book was a little more comfortable.  It wasnt constantly about the whips, chains and floggers.  There was actual romance, love and infatuation. So you see, there are a hell of a lot more Ì loves in this review than I hates.  The book has all of the elements of a great book.

So to you Ms. E.L. James.....CHEERS!  


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...