Saturday, September 13, 2014

Netgalley Review - The Silver Chain, by Primula Bond





https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20878454-see-through-me
 
Bound by passion, she was powerless to resist.

One dark evening in London, photographer Serena Folkes is indulging her impulsive side with a night-time shoot. But someone is watching her – mysterious entrepreneur Gustav Levi. Serena doesn’t know it yet, but this handsome stranger will change her life forever…

Serena is fascinated by Gustav, the enigmatic owner of the Levi Gallery, and she soon feels an irresistible pull of attraction. The interest is mutual, and Gustav promises to launch Serena’s photographic career at his gallery, but only if Serena agrees to become his exclusive companion.

To mark their agreement, Gustav gives Serena a bracelet to wear at all times. Attached to it is a silver chain of which he is the keeper. With the chain Gustav controls Serena physically and symbolically – a sign that she is under his power.

As their passionate relationship intensifies, Gustav’s hold on the silver chain grows stronger. But will Gustav’s dark past tear them apart?

A seductive and beautifully written novel for erotic romance fans. The Silver Chain is the first in the sexy, passionate and addictive Unbreakable Trilogy by Primula Bond.

The next book in the trilogy, The Golden Locket, is out in ebook on 21st November and paperback on 19th December.


Purchase Links: Amazon / The Book Depository




I am just going to come out and say it.

I skimmed through the last half of this novel. And it was pretty torturous... 

I admit. I was intrigued in the beginning of this book, from the moment that Serena and Gustav laid eyes on each other. It was really intense and I could feel that through the pages. But then... as the story progressed, I came to realize... 

I didn't like their relationship. 

I didn't even like them. 

And I certainly did not like Gustav's manipulations, nor Serena's weakness for them.. or her perplexing weakness for him for that matter! There was something.... not quite healthy about this relationship that I think is the root emotion of my overall growing dislike for this story.

I would have DNF'd it, but the first 25% of the story really was attention grabbing. And, let me just put it out there for the record - I am not a prude and therefore uncomfortable with Erotica. I, in fact, have read plenty of it and enjoyed it. But what I did find is that I am not quite taken with the concept of a weak female and strong, overbearing and - dare I say it - unstable man (no matter how erotic, captivating and unbelievably handsome he may be) and a relationship that is a constant mindf&*k.  

I just can't relate. Maybe it's as simple as that. I would have have told Gustav where to shove it about 100 times, so it is hard for me to take this one seriously. Not to mention, the tedious, endless monologues.. hence the skimming....

Though I am sure that there is a strong audience out there that may enjoy this type of relationship dynamic, this novel was unfortunately not my cup of tea. 





*I received a eBook copy of this book for free to review from the author/publisher through Netgalley; this in no way influenced my review, all opinions are 100% honest and my own.*
  


About this Author:


Oxford educated mother of three boys masquerading as respectable pillar of society but harbouring secret ambition to be considered a MILF. Writer of freelance features on single motherhood, older parenthood, MS and erotica. Published erotica author of 'Country Pleasures' 'Club Creme' and 'Behind the Curtain' for Black Lace; 'Random Acts of Lust' and 'Out of Focus' for Xcite Books'; and 'Sisters in Sin' for Mischief. First part of trilogy 'The Silver Chain' out in August 2013 for Mischief/Avon.



Author Links: Website / Goodreads / Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...