Monday, April 24, 2017

Behind Closed Doors, by B.A. Paris


 Everyone knows a couple like Jack and Grace: he has looks and wealth, she has charm and elegance. You'd like to get to know Grace better. But it's difficult, because you realize Jack and Grace are never apart. Some might call this true love.

Picture this: a dinner party at their perfect home, the conversation and wine flowing. They appear to be in their element while entertaining. And Grace's friends are eager to reciprocate with lunch the following week. Grace wants to go, but knows she never will. Her friends call—so why doesn't Grace ever answer the phone? And how can she cook such elaborate meals but remain so slim?

And why are there bars on one of the bedroom windows?

The perfect marriage? Or the perfect lie?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29437949-behind-closed-doors?from_search=true



I always feel awkward when someone asks me what  my favourite type of book to read is.  I feel like they look at me like I am crazy because I absolutely LOVE to read books about serial killers, kidnappers and sociopaths.  This book fell right in line with that. 

Jack is the reason I like this book so much.  He is a very creepy, scary, disturbing man.  Someone who would make you want to delete your dating profile and lock your doors.

Image result for creepy controlling man gif

Paris did an incredible job at captivating her audience completely.  Throwing in twists and turns that I couldn't predict.  The story was very well written, and the characters were well developed.  It actually makes me wonder how on earth she was able to come up with the bone chilling character of Jack, she has an insane imagination to be able to pull off such a creeper.  Then to have Grace, the gentle soul who wears her heart on her sleeve.  She was so smart!  Over analysed everything which saved her (and her sister) quite a few times. You could really feel Grace's emotions and connect with her. 

What did I rate this book??


Why didn't this get a 5 star review?  Jumping from past to present each chapter threw me off a little bit.  I think if it was written in chronological order it would have been a better read.  I also would have liked to know more about what was waiting for Jack in Thailand.  Find out more about what drew him there.  It would have been nice to explore that side of the story a little bit more. 

I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a fast paced thriller!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...