Monday, April 10, 2017

Relaunch! - We are back in business!


Hello fellow readers. 

Yes, it's been a while, but I am back. And I am so happy to say that after taking off a couple of years from blogging, Erin is back as well on Bookluvrs Haven. 


We are looking forward to not only reviewing, but we are also reinstating old  themes and bringing on new ones for 2017. Erin has done a fantastic job of updating our blog with a brand new theme that we think reflects all of us, and our diverse reading genres. 

We feel that it is only appropriate to reintroduce ourselves for our first post of the year, and also introduce a new co-blogger, Samantha. So without further delay, please read on and get to know us a little better!




I am a voracious reader. Honestly... rare is the day that goes by where I don't read at least one chapter of a book. My collection is vast, and there are very few genres I don't read.  

Years ago, I was introduced to Goodreads. Erin and I had both joined the site. We began reviewing books on Goodreads only, and we really enjoyed it. It was then that we both decided we wanted to start a blog together, and the rest is history.

On a personal level, in January 2016, I suffered an immense personal tragedy. My first born son passed away at full term in January. I was looking forward to being at home with my new baby, and had even listed all of these new ideas for the blog. I went as far as to write one post, but trying to cope with such an immense loss really destroyed all of those plans. I just could not muster up the strength or desire to be creative. Happily, my second boy, Grayson, was born January 2017, healthy and beautiful and I am enjoying him so much. With that new happiness comes the desire to enjoy this venture again with my wonderful friends. I am really looking forward to contributing this year.





I'm baaaaack!!!

Life has been quite busy for me the past few years.  I'm sure you remember that I had a son back in 2012.  Well, I welcomed another son at the end of 2015.  So, having 2 kids under the age of 5 has been chaotic to say the least.  I haven't had nearly as much time to read as I had before having kids.  Saying that, I am loving every second of it.  There were some big changes in my life as of lately, I separated from my husband and am learning to live life as a single Mom all while running my businesses and contributing to the blog. 

The last few years I have continued to read as much as I could.  I find that I am pickier with the books that I choose to read, most of the time the 100 page rule I have goes out the window.  If I am not captivated by a book within the first few chapters, I am not going to waste my time when there are sooooo many other books that I want to read.  My library continues to grow and my 'want to read' list is exploding.

We have some big things planned for this year on Bookluvrs Haven.  I spent quite a bit of time coming up with a fresh new look for our re-launch. Lily, Samantha and I have come up with some pretty cool things to share with you.  I am beyond excited to get back into blogging and can't wait to explore the good, the bad and the ugly with you!






I'm Samantha! 

I started working with my sister, Erin, back in 2015 just before my nephew was born.  Before then I wasn't really big into reading.  She gave me an e-reader and suggested a few books and from then on I haven't been able to put a book down.

I would be labeled as shy and quiet to those who don't know me, so this is something that I would never normally do.  When Erin and Lily approached me and asked if I would like to join them on this journey I knew I had to push myself past my comfort zone and put myself out there.

When I walk into a bookstore, typically I head right over to the romance section.  I could get lost there for hours.  Beginning this journey I am hoping to branch out and begin to read and enjoy other genres.  I really enjoy contemporary fiction.  My favourite book is Left Neglected, by Lisa Genova.

I am really looking forward to sharing my thoughts with you.  Thank you Erin and Lily for pushing me to join you!






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...