Thursday, May 25, 2017

Until you, by penelope douglas


Have you ever been so angry that hitting things felt good? Or so numb that you actually felt high? The past few years have been like that for me. Traveling between fury and indifference with no stops in between.

Some people hate me for it, while others are scared of me. But none of them can hurt me, because I don't care about anything or anyone.


Except Tatum.

I love her so much that I hate her. We used to be friends, but I found out that I couldn't trust her or anyone else.

So I hurt her. I pushed her away.

But I still need her. The sight of her centers me, and I can pool all of my anger into her. Engaging her, challenging her, bullying her...they are my food, my air, and the last part of me that feels anything human.

But she left. She went to France for a year, and came back a different girl.


Now, when I push, she pushes back.
  








https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20803962-until-you?ac=1&from_search=true




So I think you already know how much I loved the first book of this series, Bully(If you haven't already seen that review, go check it out!), This book I liked just a little bit less. This book is the same story line, just told from Jared's (the main male character) perspective.


I Honestly was hesitant to read this book, it seems a little redundant to read the same cook twice, however Penelope Douglas knocked this out of the park! She did such a amazing job at making sure this was a different book. Although parts were the same, she really took you into the mind of Jared. You dive into getting to know everything about him. Why he bullied Tatum, what he was doing the times he would drive off for days at a time, and what was going through his mind.







I was pleasantly surprised how fresh and exciting this book was! I cant wait to read the other books in this series. I give this book three stars... Well done Penelope Douglas, well done!











  








No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...