Monday, June 19, 2017

Accused Immoral Justice, by K.L. Scott

Have you ever met a five year old runaway? Meet Ryan - a southern boy who never had a fair shot at life. By the time he was eight, he had runaway and caught 54 times - needless to say, he didn't care much for orphanages.
Being labeled a delinquent troublemaker, Ryan quickly became the fall guy for any crime the local police department couldn't solve. Ryan's life changed forever the night the police stormed his makeshift home on vagrant row and arrested him for murder. Although he was a minor, he was bound over as an adult. Worse, he had no alibi, was not granted bail, and was assigned an attorney who had never won a case. The verdict? Life.

Incarcerated in a Southern prison camp he was rapidly stripped of all of his dignity. As the years passed, he became spiritless, unsure of what disgrace tomorrow would bring. 

The Accused Trilogy tells Ryan's story.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35389612-accused-immoral-justice?from_search=true


So, I was going through my bookshelf and came across this gem.  Not sure where it came from.  I thought Lily had shared it with me since we often will pass books off to one another.  So as stumped as I was, I read the synopsis and knew it had to be the next book that I read. 

It captured me from the very first page through emotion. The emotions felt while reading this book were raw.  My heart actually broke for Ryan.  If you enjoy a good emotional rollercoaster, this book is a must read!  

You all know how I feel about character development.  This book certainly did not disappoint.  I love that his story was told by him, in first person.  We learn a lot about Ryan's life throughout the entire book.  It starts off by him giving us a little insight to what his life was like when he was younger, which is key when trying to form a bond with a character in a book.  Then we get into what he is presently going through...feeling his pain, his fear, his sorrow.  Scott did an incredible job weaving Ryan's story.  We meet a couple other characters throughout the story which we end up connecting to the rest of the story in the end.  

My absolute favourite thing about this book is the feel good relationship between Ryan and Jonathan.  In a story with as much anguish as this one has, it was really quite heartwarming to see Ryan discovering real love for the first time.  It actually made me not want to put the book down.

I could go on and on about this book, however I really don't like to give spoilers.  Are you wondering what I rated Accused?  I am giving it a big 4.5 stars!


 I loved this book and I really think you would too.  Unfortunately, it seems to be really hard to come across.  I have searched and was only able to find it to purchase on Amazon (find the link above).  I am super excited that this is only part one of a trilogy!!  I will be searching out the second and third books. I have discovered a new favourite author, and I hope you do too!   


 

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. Can not wait to hear about the rest of the trilogy.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...