Thursday, July 27, 2017

What happens after? - By Portia Moore





It was never supposed to happen. 'We' never should have happened.

He and I... Our constantly crossing paths changed the unthinkable to the inevitable.
It was magical, exhilarating, and life defining... despicable, and it ruined everything.

It destroyed me.
It destroyed us.
He and I is what happened before.
And everything else is what happened after…










https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25394556-what-happens-after?ac=1&from_search=true




I was originally interested in this book from the book cover and the title. I really wanted to know what happened after, and after what? Once I started I really got excited and pulled in with the prologue, something about the words really spoke to me. However After the first few chapters I got really bored. The only reason I pushed through it was because someone told me "sometimes you just have to push through it" and so I did.



It felt like it took forever to read this book, I kept putting it down for a few days and then starting again. Between the dull storyline, the flipping back and forth between past/present and different characters, and the most annoying part... the editing mistakes!! Oh. My. Gosh. I just cant with the editing in this book! How is she cooking scalloped potatoes one minute and when they sit down to eat it, it has magically turned into mashed potatoes!?! This is the most frustrating thing for me. 


The going back and forth between past and present, and going from Gwen, to Lisa, to William so many times made it confusing at times. until I finished the entire book certain things didn't connect for me. I mean it took me reading almost the entire book to figure out that William was the same guy Gwen "stole" from her sister Gia!


What Lisa did at the end of the book made me mad, I just don't understand how she could walk away like that. Seeing how strong of a woman Gwen is, is very empowering. To be able to forgive and love so unconditionally after such heartbreak takes a strong woman.






This book is a 1 star review for me. I wouldn't recommend reading it.










No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you so don't be shy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...